Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Meant to Be - Part 2

     I don't know how much time passes while I'm in this state of nothingness, but eventually I awake to a white room and soft fluorescent lighting. I distantly hear hushed voices and footsteps, the clicking, humming and beeping of machines. My body throbs and aches, the pain makes me wonder momentarily if  I've died and somehow ended up in hell, but hell is supposed to be fire and this is just a world of white, closing in around me, pressing on me, am I dreaming?
     A face appears over me, it's familiar... mom? She's saying something but I can only see her lips moving her voice is distant and I wonder what's happening, then I realize I'm closing my eyes. I try to reopen them but I can't, they feel heavy and I feel drowsy. Something bumps me and a shivering pain shoots through me, the kind of pain that doesn't just hurt, it's aches, in an indescribably, excruciating way that leaves you paralyzed and wanting to scream.
     Where am I? What's going on? My whole being is throbbing and aching and my mind feels numbed, like it's been shot with Novocaine. I try to remember what happened, how I got here. A ghost of a memory hovers around the edges of my thoughts, but when I try to make sense of it, it eludes me.
     Finally I give up, trying not to concentrate on the pain in every inch of me, laying totally still because even the slightest jarring is excruciating! I drift back into nothingness, but not the light painful nothingness of before, this time, even nothingness is laced with and haunted by pain!

5 comments:

  1. Is there a part three yet? -Cherish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. You write as if it happened to you . . . I hope it didn't! -Cherish again

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is not a 3rd part just yet but I've got it mostly in my mind... hopefully I'll get it on soon. :) No it didn't happen to me... I just love writing in first person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love writing in first person too! It makes a story so much more "Real" to you as the author as you write...or at least in my experience though it has it's limits it makes it easier to put yourself in your character's shoes.

    Great Job Anna! I'm enjoying reading although it's terribly sad! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rach, yeah I love being able to get inside their mind and totally be another person. :)
    Thanks for reading it and for the encouragement ;)

    ReplyDelete